The GL300 Real-time GPS Tracker is a do-it-all device, with tons of capabilities. Easy placement options make it supremely flexible. Hapn's Reporting Mode software feature allows the tracker to update extremely fast for maximum speed or once a day for long battery life.
This manual will help you get started. Welcome to Hapn.
What's in the box
- Tracker with SIM card installed
- USB Type-C charging cable
- AC adapter
- Screwdriver with two screws
Note: User does not typically need to open the SIM compartment.
Buttons, lights, and ports
Step 1 - Locate your IMEI
Locate the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number on the bottom of your tracker. The number is 15 characters long. You will need to enter it to set up your account.
Step 2 - Activate your tracker
- From your computer or smartphone, go to: gethapn.com/activate.
- Follow the activation steps. Tip: Keep your tracker IMEI handy.
- Login to the tracking app by:
- Once you’re logged into your tracking applications, you’ll need to make sure your tracker is connected by following the steps below.
Step 3 - Charging
- Plug in wall charger, then connect charger to GL300.
- Power LED will flash red while charging, and will turn solid red when fully charged.
- Charge for at least 8 hours, or until the red LED turns solid.
- Disconnect from charged. Red LED will go out.
Step 4 - Placement of the tracker
- The GL300 needs to have as much access to the open sky as possible to retain its connection to the GPS satellites.
- Tracker cannot be surrounded by metal since it will block GPS signals. DO NOT hide the GL300 in metal enclosures. DO NOT place it in the middle of the undercarriage, the engine compartment, wheel wells, metal bumpers, the trunk, glove compartment, or in any closed/lidded compartment. The best position for the device within a vehicle is under the driver or passenger seat.
- When placing the GL300 under a vehicle, position it on a flat part of the frame towards the edge of the vehicle, with the LEDs on the face of the device facing the pavement. When you get low to the ground, you should be able to see the device.
- Standard programming for the GL300 is to update every 3 hours when not moving and once a minute when moving.
- The more frequently the device is set to update, the faster the battery will be depleted. For example, 1-minute updates will result in approximately 2.5 weeks of battery life, while 30-second updates will result in approximately 14 days of battery life.
- When the device is on, the green LED will flash once every 3 seconds.
- When powering off, the red LED will remain on for up to 2 minutes, then power down.
GPS platform says the device is in New Jersey (or was last read 1000 days ago). This isn’t accurate.
Make sure the green light is blinking once every 3 seconds and take it out for a drive that lasts at least 10 minutes.
GPS platform shows a blue screen or the coast of Africa.
This means the device has not yet locked onto a GPS signal. Take it outside for a 10-minute walk or drive, and its location should update.
What should I do if my device says “last updated X days ago,” even if it’s been in use?
Verify that the green light is blinking every 3 seconds and the device is
properly positioned. If the problem persists, email email@example.com
My device has been turned on for some time, but it is not updating. Why?
If the green LED is blinking once every 3 seconds, take it out for a 10-15 minute drive. If the unit is still not updating on the platform, email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Buttons||Power on/off, function for emergency alert|
|Power / configuration||USB Type-C|
|Connector RF connector||MMCX for external GPS antenna|
|LED indicators||GSM, GPS, and battery status|
|Operating temperature||4°F ~ 131°F (-20°C ~ 55°C)|
|Water resistance||IPX5 compliant|
|Charging Voltage||5V DC|
|External battery voltage||3.5 V to 4.2 V DC|
|Battery||Lithium-polymer 2600 mAh|
|Standby time without reporting||5-25 days, depending on usage|
|Dimensions||1.635” x 3.15” x 1.145”|
|USB charging cable length||50˝ (1.3 m)|
Thank you for purchasing a Spytec GPS product. We appreciate your business and strive to make your experience the best possible. If you have any issues with your product, contact us at the following addresses:
Email tech support questions to: email@example.com
Email billing questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download user manuals—including the one for the Hapn platform software that you’ll use to track your GPS device from a phone, tablet or computer, go to:
Log into your tracker at: app.gethapn.com
To download the IOS app go to: store.apple.com/hapn
To download the Android app go to: store.google.com/hapn
This Unconditional Lifetime Warranty applies to the GL300 GPS Tracker sold by Spytec GPS. This warranty covers any manufacturing defects to the device or accessories encountered during normal use, with an active Spytec GPS subscription. This warranty does NOT cover damages resulting from improper use of the device (including the use of incompatible accessories such as chargers, storage devices, etc.), unauthorized modifications to the device, negligence, any environmental or natural disasters, or loss or theft. This warranty does NOT cover water damage. This warranty requires proof of sale of the device from Spytec GPS or approved resellers only.
Devices that are covered will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Spytec GPS. Devices
requiring replacement will be fulfilled with a new or refurbished unit, or a similar unit if the original unit
is no longer available.
To take advantage of our warranty, go to http://www.spytec.com/pages/returns and review our
Returns Policy. If your device meets the above guidelines as well as the guidelines on our website,
please click the button to proceed to the Return Authorization Form. In the event that our online
guidelines change, this warranty will supersede any newer changes. Once you have filled out the
Return Merchant Authorization Form, please wait for instructions.