A step-by-step guide for using your new tracker and navigating the platform.
- Connect your tracker to the platform
- What does it mean when my device says "No tracking info available"?
1. Connect your tracker to the platform
Your device will need to be connected to both the GPS satellites and the cell carriers to begin tracking. The steps for each device type are below:
2. Logging into the tracking platform
We offer both a website and a mobile app to view your tracker on the platform.
- You can log into the website at app.gethapn.com
- Or download our mobile app. Our app works on both Apple and Android devices:
3. Customize your tracker
Customize your tracker in your Trackers Preferences:
- Name of the tracker
- Tracker Description
- Color of the tracker on the map
- Tracker icon
4. Create a boundary
Boundaries allow you to keep track of your device if it enters or exits a certain location. To create/edit boundaries, click on the menu icon in the upper left corner > Boundaries
*Note: Creating/Editing boundaries are only available on app.gethapn.com
Customize a boundary:
- Name your boundary
- Choose the shape
- Size the boundary over the area you wish to serve as the center point of the boundary.
- Save and create more boundaries.
We offer two types of boundaries to place on the map:
- Round: Used when looking to place a quick boundary over a general area. As the name indicates, the boundary area will be in the shape of a circle.
- Custom Draw: Used when looking to outline a specific, custom area on the map (i.e., a city block or county).
Learn more about creating a boundary.
5. Set up notifications
Notifications can alert you when:
- Your tracker starts moving
- The tracker battery is low
- A tracker has entered a boundary entry, etc.
6. View your tracker's activity
There are a few ways within the web and mobile app to view your tracker's activity:
On the left side of your screen on app.gethapn.com, you will be able to see the tracker(s) that are currently active on your account. You can see the tracker icon and the last known location. By clicking on the tracker, you will be able to see more detailed information on the tracker status, location, and recent ping:
You can also scroll down and see additional details that are tracker and location-specific!
Viewing Past Activity
You will want to click the menu option in the upper left corner, and from there you will see the different options on how to view your previous data- Time Machine, Activity Cards, and Reports
This option will allow you to choose a specific time frame which you would like to see your tracker's history, and it will populate within the map view for you! It will show the full tracker activity within that time frame, and you have the ability to filter in any alerts/notifications that you have set.
Here you can view your recent trips and stops. Use the 'view in map' link to view the route the tracker has taken on the map
Viewing activity on the mobile app
- Click the "Activity" icon in the bottom menu (middle icon)
- This will give you a list of your recent positions.
- Filter through your activity by clicking on the icon on the top right to select a specific date that you would like to view.
There are two activity-specific reports that you can generate depending on what you are looking to see:
- Tracker Activities will show the historical details of tracker(s) activity
- Tracker Positions will show all positions generated by your tracker(s)
There are also a few other specific reports that you can generate depending on the information you are looking to see.
What does it mean when my device says "No tracking info available"?
After activating your Spytec GPS tracker and creating your account, you may see the image below after logging in :
This means the platform is working behind the scenes to gather and set up all the needed data to display your tracker on the map. There are no steps you need to take to resolve this, as it is a normal process when activating a new tracker.
If the issue persists for more than 24 hours, please contact our support team. We will investigate the issue and get your tracker up and running.