Alerts and notifications are great for keeping you informed about your tracker's location and activities. Review the steps below to set up real-time notifications.
- Navigating to the notification management page
- Choosing which alerts to receive
- Where do I receive these alerts?
Please note: Most alert settings can only be managed through the website app: app.gethapn.com. However, you can set your alerts on "Do Not Disturb" mode through the mobile app. Click here for these steps.
Navigating to the notification management page
Step 1: Log in to our app from a web browser: app.gethapn.com.
Step 2: Once logged in, you can click the Gear Wheel in the upper right corner OR your Initials > Settings
Step 3: Navigate to the Notifications tab. From here, we can configure the alerts we want to enable using the checkboxes to the left of each alert and how we want to receive the notification on the right.
Choosing which alerts to receive
There are several alert notifications to choose from:
- Speeding: Get a notification if your tracker exceeds the speed you set here.
- SOS: Get a notification if the SOS button on the face of your tracker is physically pressed.
- Low Battery: Get a notification if your tracker battery falls below a chosen percentage
- Boundary Entry and Exit: Get a notification as soon as one of your trackers enters or leaves one of your boundaries. (Learn more about boundaries here).
- Movement: Get a notification if the tracker moves.
- Trip Start and End: Get a notification when your tracker begins or ends a trip.
- Trip Exceeds Distance and Duration: Get a notification when a tracker is on a trip that exceeds a chosen distance or duration.
- Ignition On and Off: Get a notification when the engine of the vehicle your tracker is attached to is turned on or off. Please note: This alert only applies to OBD and hard-wired trackers.
- Connected and Disconnected from Power Source: will allow you to receive alerts when the device is connected to charge or disconnected from charging
Charging Started or Stopped: Get a notification when your tracker has started charging or stopped charging
- Online and Offline: Get a notification when the tracker has gone online or offline.
Step 1. Select the alerts you would like. Click on the checkbox on the left of each alert to receive notifications for the specific alert.
Where do I receive these alerts?
Step 1: Decide which kinds of notifications you would like to receive.
- Mobile and web: will send you push notifications through the app on the device you are using i.e. you will get alerts through your computer or the app on your phone.
- Text and email: will send alerts either as a text message or an email. The texts are sent from 90922. (See also: How do I Re-subscribe to Text Messages?)
Step 2: Select the boxes on the right of the alerts for the type of notification you would like to receive. i.e. mobile, web, text, or email
Step 3: Add your phone number and email address by clicking "Add recipient" at the bottom of the page. You'll also need to check the boxes next to each contact to receive these alerts:
Step 4: Click "Save" at the top of the page to save the changes you've made.
Setting up "Do Not Disturb" through the Mobile app:
On the mobile app, you have the ability to snooze your alerts and put them on "Do Not Disturb" mode. Follow the steps below for instructions:
Step 1: Log in to your account from the mobile app
Step 2: Tap on the menu icon on the bottom right-hand side.
Step 3: Under the Preferences section, tap "Alerts and Notifications"
Step 5: Check the icon on the right-hand side to enable "Do Not Disturb" mode and silence your alerts. Hit "Save Changes" at the bottom when finished.