The Rechargeable Weatherproof Asset Tracker is a do-it-all device, with tons of capabilities. Easy placement options make it supremely flexible. Hapn's Reporting Mode software feature allows the tracker to update extremely fast for maximum speed or once a day for long battery life.
This manual will help you get started. Welcome to Hapn.
What's in the box
- Tracker with SIM card installed
- USB Type C charging cable
- Qi Charger
- 3M Mounting Tape
- Mounting Bracket with Tap
Note: User does not typically need to open the SIM compartment.
Buttons, lights, and ports
Step 1 - Locate your IMEI
Locate the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number on the bottom of your tracker. The number is 15 characters long. You will need to enter it to set up your account.
Step 2 - Activate your tracker
- From your computer or smartphone, go to: gethapn.com/activate.
- Follow the activation steps. Tip: Keep your tracker IMEI handy.
- Login to the tracking app by:
- Once you’re logged into your tracking applications, you’ll need to make sure your tracker is connected by following the steps below.
Step 3 - Charging
- Plug in Qi Charger to the wall using the USB cable.
- Place the Tracker on the Qi Charging pad, ensuring the device is centered.
- Status LED, and GPS LED will flash while charging.
- Charge for at least 8 hours, then remove from Qi charger.
- Disconnect from charger. Both LEDs will turn off.
Step 4 - Placement of the tracker
- The Wireless Charging Weatherproof Asset Tracker needs to have as much access to the open sky as possible to retain its connection to the GPS satellites.
- Tracker cannot be surrounded by metal since it will block GPS signals. DO
NOT hide the Tracker in metal enclosures. DO NOT place it in the middle of the
undercarriage, the engine compartment, wheel wells, metal bumpers, the trunk,
glove compartment, or in any closed/lidded compartment.
- When placing the tracker using the included mount, it will clip into the tracker on the rear of the device. The four tapping screws allow for a longer term, more permanent solution when mounting.
- Once the device is powered on, both the Green and the Blue status LED will flash for about 5 minutes and then will go off, please note that this is normal.
- During this 5-minute cycle, the green status LED will slowly blink about once every 3 seconds.
- During this 5-minute cycle, the blue status LED will rapidly blink when searching for a GPS signal and then will slowly blink when it has connected to the GPS network.
- When powering off the device, both lights will simultaneously flash indicating that the device is turning off.
|Buttons||Power on/off, function for emergency alert, configurable
|Power / configuration||Wireless
|Additional Interfaces||2 x Light Sensors
|LED indicators||Status and GPS
|Operating temperature||-13°F ~ 140°F (-11°C ~ 60°C)|
|Water resistance||IP67 compliant|
|External battery voltage||3.5 V to 4.2 V DC|
|Battery||Lithium-polymer 2400 mAh|
|Dimensions||3.43˝ x 2.01˝x 1.18˝ (8.7 x 5.1 x 3 cm)|
|Weight||4.94 oz. (140 g)|
Thank you for purchasing a Spytec GPS product. We appreciate your business and strive to make your experience the best possible. If you have any issues with your product, contact us at the following addresses:
Email tech support questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email billing questions to: email@example.com
To download user manuals—including the one for the Hapn platform software that you’ll use to track your GPS device from a phone, tablet or computer, go to:
Log into your tracker at: app.gethapn.com
To download the IOS app go to: store.apple.com/hapn
To download the Android app go to: store.google.com/hapn
This Unconditional Lifetime Warranty applies to the GL300 GPS Tracker sold by Spytec GPS. This warranty covers any manufacturing defects to the device or accessories encountered during normal use, with an active Spytec GPS subscription. This warranty does NOT cover damages resulting from improper use of the device (including the use of incompatible accessories such as chargers, storage devices, etc.), unauthorized modifications to the device, negligence, any environmental or natural disasters, or loss or theft. This warranty does NOT cover water damage. This warranty requires proof of sale of the device from Spytec GPS or approved resellers only.
Devices that are covered will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Spytec GPS. Devices
requiring replacement will be fulfilled with a new or refurbished unit, or a similar unit if the original unit
is no longer available.
To take advantage of our warranty, go to http://www.spytec.com/pages/returns and review our
Returns Policy. If your device meets the above guidelines as well as the guidelines on our website,
please click the button to proceed to the Return Authorization Form. In the event that our online
guidelines change, this warranty will supersede any newer changes. Once you have filled out the
Return Merchant Authorization Form, please wait for instructions.