The M4 Pro Extended Battery Case is a kit that combines a long-life, rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a tough case that adheres to a metallic surface of a vehicle, mobile equipment or other asset in transit using two heavy-duty magnets. The external battery can extend your tracker battery by up to two times, or an additional month, beyond the standard battery life of GL300 series trackers. The case houses the extended battery, connection cable, and your GPS tracker (not included).
This manual will help you get started. Welcome to Hapn.
What's in the box
- Battery Pack
- AC Adapter
- Connection Cable
- Watertight case with two magnets
- Two magnetic brackets with adhesive strips
Step 1 - Charging the Battery
- Plug the round connector from the cable on the AC adapter into the larger round socket of the lithium-ion battery pack cable. Plug the adapter into a wall outlet or power strip. To fully charge a zero-charged battery, plan on keeping the charger plugged in for up to 4 hours. The LED on the power adapter is red during charging and turns green when the battery is fully charged.
- When you unplug the adapter from a power outlet, but it’s still connected to the battery, the LED will be green. This means the battery is powering the LED, but it does not indicate whether the battery is fully or partially charged. Store the power adapter separately since it will not fit in the case along with a GPS tracker.
Step 2 - Connecting the GPS Tracker
- Connect the connection cable to the battery pack by plugging the 4-pin connector on the cable to the 4-pin plug on the battery pack. The plug will only fit one way. Once connected, plug the other end of the connection cable (mini-USB or USB type C) into the GL300. Once the tracker is powered on, it will draw power from the battery pack.
- Note: The external (extended battery) will NOT charge the tracker’s internal battery. For the most long-lasting power, you should fully charge the tracker’s internal battery separately before connecting the fully-charged extended battery.
Step 3 - Attach the case to an asset
- With the battery, switch module, tracker, and all wires snugly packed inside with nothing protruding, shut the case and snap the two-tab latch into the slots. Two industrial-strength magnets are attached to brackets. Attach each bracket to the side hinges so that the magnet, when swung around, will adhere to the bottom of the case. Make sure to peel off the adhesive covers so that the magnets will stick to the case bottom.
- You would typically mount the case upside down against a flat metallic surface under a vehicle. If you’re attaching the case to a vehicle or another type of asset such as construction equipment or a safe, make sure you attach it to the outside of any metallic enclosure. The case should not be placed under a hood, in the trunk, or in a safe. The case is made of plastic as metal will interfere with transmission signals.
- The magnets will keep the case securely in place. You’ll have to exert some force to pull the case off a surface if you want to move the case. The magnets won’t damage the mounting surface, and you won’t have to drill any holes.
Note: Depending on placement, the case won’t necessarily have to be removed from its magnetic mount when you open the lid and temporarily remove components for recharging.
- When using the extended battery case, both the internal battery of the tracker and the external battery level will show, by default.
|Rated Capacity Min||4.4 Ah|
|Nominal Voltage||3.7 V|
|Charge ending voltage||4.2 ± 0.05 V|
|Charge current||Standard, 0.2 CmA; rapid, 1500 mA|
|Discharge ending voltage||2.75 V|
|Max discharging current||2 A|
|Impedance||≤ 130 mΩ|
|Size||0.75” x 2.6” x 1.5” (1.9 x 6.6 x 3.8 cm)|
|Weight||4.2 oz. (119 g)|
|Dust/liquid protection rating||IP67|
|Size (without magnets)||4” x 6” x 2”|
|Weight (without magnets or tracker)||11.8 oz|
Thank you for purchasing a Spytec GPS product. We appreciate your business and strive to make your experience the best possible. If you have any issues with your product, contact us at the following addresses:
Email tech support questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email billing questions to: email@example.com
To download user manuals—including the one for the Hapn platform software that you’ll use to track your GPS device from a phone, tablet or computer, go to:
Log into your tracker at: app.gethapn.com
To download the IOS app go to: store.apple.com/hapn
To download the Android app go to: store.google.com/hapn
This Unconditional Lifetime Warranty applies to the GL300 GPS Tracker sold by Spytec GPS. This warranty covers any manufacturing defects to the device or accessories encountered during normal use, with an active Spytec GPS subscription. This warranty does NOT cover damages resulting from improper use of the device (including the use of incompatible accessories such as chargers, storage devices, etc.), unauthorized modifications to the device, negligence, any environmental or natural disasters, or loss or theft. This warranty does NOT cover water damage. This warranty requires proof of sale of the device from Spytec GPS or approved resellers only.
Devices that are covered will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Spytec GPS. Devices
requiring replacement will be fulfilled with a new or refurbished unit, or a similar unit if the original unit
is no longer available.
To take advantage of our warranty, go to http://www.spytec.com/pages/returns and review our
Returns Policy. If your device meets the above guidelines as well as the guidelines on our website,
please click the button to proceed to the Return Authorization Form. In the event that our online
guidelines change, this warranty will supersede any newer changes. Once you have filled out the
Return Merchant Authorization Form, please wait for instructions.