Until now, most GPS trackers, including Hapn trackers, were limited to obtaining location from GPS satellites. GPS technology is extremely accurate, however, there are a variety of locations and scenarios where getting a GPS signal can be difficult or impossible - good examples are tracking indoors and in certain urban areas with large buildings.
With our new Cell Assist, we are taking tracking beyond GPS, by incorporating cellular technology to lessen the chances that the devices go offline and gaining better insight into where the tracker is located at all times!
The Benefits of Cell Assist
- Speed and Improved Location Precision: Pairing our multi-network structure with our low latency platform, Cell Assist offers fast location updates using a wide range of cellular towers.
- Enhanced Battery Life: Since the devices are not continuously searching for a signal, users will notice an extended battery life on their trackers
- Seamless Integration: Cell Assist blends beautifully into our Hapn apps, providing easy to read information and updates
- Natural Language Summaries: Get detailed tracker statuses using natural language, providing a clear picture of your assets locations.
- Works with the Hapn API: Third-party developers using the Hapn API will get access to cellular location data powered by Cell Assist.
- Privacy and Security: Rest assured, Cell Assist operates securely within the Hapn platform, safeguarding your data.
How to Access Cell Assist
Cell Assist is available now in our web application and the latest version of our mobile apps – at no additional cost!