The OBD GPS Tracker for Vehicles is a low friction, easy to install tracker for any car or truck. Simply plug the device into the OBD port on the car to get started. Could not be simpler.
This manual will help you get started. Welcome to Hapn.
What's in the box
- Tracker with SIM card installed
Note: User does not typically need to open the SIM compartment.
Step 1 - Locate your IMEI
Locate the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number on the bottom of your tracker. The number is 15 characters long. You will need to enter it to set up your account.
Step 2 - Activate your tracker
- From your computer or smartphone, go to: gethapn.com/activate.
- Follow the activation steps. Tip: Keep your tracker IMEI handy.
- Login to the tracking app by:
- Once you’re logged into your tracking applications, you’ll need to make sure your tracker is connected by following the steps below.
Step 3 - Install Tracker
- Find the Onboard Diagnostics (OBD) port on your vehicle. It is typically located under the dashboard on the driver’s side. All vehicles made since 1996 are equipped with this socket. Though the tracker contains two rows of eight pins each, the frame is narrower on the top than the bottom. Take care to line up the wider end with the wider end of the OBD socket. Depending on the vehicle, you may have to plug the tracker in upside down. If so, keep in mind that the LED array will be displayed in reverse order as seen in this user guide.
- Note: the OBD port was designed to provide diagnostic information to a
car mechanic. But it also provides power. During the infrequent times that
diagnostic equipment needs to be connected to the OBD port, you or the
mechanic can temporarily disconnect the tracker. An optional cable is available
that enables the tracker to always be connected without removing it for
- Keep in mind that though the tracker uses only the OBD’s power connectors, the
other connectors are deployed to physically support the tracker, so it stays in
- Default programming for the OBD Tracker is to update every 3 hours when not
moving and once a minute when moving.
|Cellular Antenna||Internal Only|
|GPS Antenna||2 Internal
|Micro USB||Used for Debugging
|LED indicators||Cellular and GPS
|Operating temperature||approximately -22°F ~ 176°F|
|Operating Voltage||8 V to 32 V DC|
|Battery||Backup Battery Li-Polymer, 60 mAh|
|Dimensions||1.95” x 1.91” x 0.86”|
Thank you for purchasing a Spytec GPS product. We appreciate your business and strive to make your experience the best possible. If you have any issues with your product, contact us at the following addresses:
Email tech support questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email billing questions to: email@example.com
To download user manuals—including the one for the Hapn platform software that you’ll use to track your GPS device from a phone, tablet or computer, go to:
Log into your tracker at: app.gethapn.com
To download the IOS app go to: store.apple.com/hapn
To download the Android app go to: store.google.com/hapn
This Unconditional Lifetime Warranty applies to the GL300 GPS Tracker sold by Spytec GPS. This warranty covers any manufacturing defects to the device or accessories encountered during normal use, with an active Spytec GPS subscription. This warranty does NOT cover damages resulting from improper use of the device (including the use of incompatible accessories such as chargers, storage devices, etc.), unauthorized modifications to the device, negligence, any environmental or natural disasters, or loss or theft. This warranty does NOT cover water damage. This warranty requires proof of sale of the device from Spytec GPS or approved resellers only.
Devices that are covered will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Spytec GPS. Devices
requiring replacement will be fulfilled with a new or refurbished unit, or a similar unit if the original unit
is no longer available.
To take advantage of our warranty, go to http://www.spytec.com/pages/returns and review our
Returns Policy. If your device meets the above guidelines as well as the guidelines on our website,
please click the button to proceed to the Return Authorization Form. In the event that our online
guidelines change, this warranty will supersede any newer changes. Once you have filled out the
Return Merchant Authorization Form, please wait for instructions.