One of the great features of the Hapn platform is the ability to watch your tracker moving live on the map while it is on a trip. Follow the steps below to see how:
Step 1: Log in to the website platform app.gethapn.com
Step 2: The tracker icon(s) along the top left provide a convenient way to quickly review the current status of your tracker(s):
- If the ring around the icon is solid white (see below), that lets you know the tracker is currently stopped
- If the ring is flashing purple, that lets you know the tracker is currently moving
Step 3: Click on the tracker icon to locate that tracker on the map You will begin to see your tracker move in real time.
Step 4: To back out of live tracking, simply click the "X" in the upper right corner of the tracker box
*Note: This will also show you the most recent data the tracker reported to the platform. This will include the tracker status, location, and last ping
Advanced Filters on Web App (5+ trackers):
If you have 5 or more trackers on your account, we’ve added status filters to the web app to quickly identify which trackers on the map are moving, stopped, have enough battery, or need charging.
Step 1: To view your devices using these features, simply select the filter button and then choose the check boxes next to your desired advanced filters:
- Tracker Status: select if you are viewing devices that are moving, stopped, online or offline.
- Battery Status: select devices with a full battery (100%), Normal (20% or more), Low (less than 20%), Critically Low (5% or less), or Dead (0%).
- Charging: select if the device is currently charging or not.
- Plugged: select if the device is currently plugged in.
Step 2: Click "Show Trackers" to filter your viewed devices
Step 1: Log into your account from the mobile app.
Step 2: You'll see all of your trackers on the map at their current location on the map. If you have multiple trackers, you will see a list that displays which trackers are moving or stopped. Tap on the menu to see a list of your devices. this will let you know if the tracker is stopped or on a trip.
Step 3: Tap on the tracker icon to put the tracker in 'Follow Mode'. You will begin to see your tracker move on the map in real-time.
Step 4: If you would like to do more with your tracker's location, tap on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the activity card to view the menu.
From the menu, you can: Get directions to the tracker's current location, view the tracker in Time Machine, view recent activities and alerts, share the device's current location, and tracker settings, and un-follow (click "X").
Advanced Filters and Grouping on Mobile App:
While viewing your trackers on the mobile app, you will see several options on the top of the screen. Tapping on one of the filters will display the devices matching that criteria on the map. You may also drag up the menu from the bottom of the screen to display the devices matching your selected filter as a list. Here is a list of filters:
- Moving: The number of devices that are currently moving
- Stopped: The number of devices that are currently stopped
- Online: The number of devices that are currently reporting their location
- Offline: The number of devices that are not reporting their location on schedule
- Low Battery: The devices that have a battery level of 20% or less
- Critical Battery: The devices that have a battery level of 5% or less
- Dead Battery: The number of devices with a 0% battery level
- Charging: The number of devices that are currently charging
If you have 5 or more devices on your account, and your devices are concentrated in a single area, you'll see the devices separated out into larger groups:
Tapping on the groups of devices will continue to zoom in. Once you tap on one of the groups again, you will be zoomed in completely and able to see each individual device in the group